SEE YOU IN PARIS! ViiV HEALTHCARE @ THE INTERNATIONAL AIDS SOCIETY CONFERENCE
Overview of our activities and data showcase in Paris next week
Following a successful conference in Durban last year, we are excited to be attending the International AIDS Society (IAS) conference in Paris next week. Once again, we are looking forward to connecting with HIV experts and advocates from the community, medical and scientific fields to share our new data and updates about our work.
Alongside our data presentations, we are very excited to host as well as participate in several events throughout the conference which will look at solutions towards improving the lives of PLHIV through better research, healthcare practice and addressing key barriers to access, including social factors such as stigma and discrimination.
Key ViiV Healthcare events include:
- Implementation Science Network Meeting (23 July) – Implementation science is a growing area of research in HIV with a dedicated scientific track at IAS 2017. We are convening an external meeting to discuss the value of Implementation Science in progressing HIV research and in the delivery and sharing of best practice. Learn more about what ViiV Healthcare are doing in implementation science.
- Treat to Care: Evolving the management of HIV (23 July) – This interactive scientific exchange symposium will bring together leading experts in HIV to discuss emerging paradigms in the treatment and care of HIV patients with a view towards the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals and a 4th 90 that considers quality of life.
- Positive Perspectives (24 July) – To mark the presentation of the initial Perspectives survey results at IAS, ViiV Healthcare is holding a special event focusing on HIV-related stigma to explore behaviour change approaches which optimise HIV care and management for PLHIV.
Our colleagues and experts are also participating in a series of events as part of the conference:
- Plenary session (24 July) – Our CEO Deborah Waterhouse will announce the winners of the Positive Action Challenge Stigma Prize which we launched in partnership with IAS
- Accelerating Access to New HIV Medicines in Developing Countries (25 July) – focusing on new ARVs and the range of different challenges that need to be overcome to ensure rapid scale-up and accelerated access for PLHIV
- The New $90-$90-$90: Drugs Affordable for All (26 July) – On working to address the barriers to global affordable drug pricing.
If you are attending the congress in Paris, please do take the time to come visit us at exhibition booth #108 to find out more about the work we are doing to advance research and improve treatment and care options for PLHIV. You can also follow @ViiVHC on Twitter and LinkedIn for updates about the conference throughout the week!