Impact so far
There are a number of results we are pleased to present:
- The four health facilities we worked with have reported an increase in uptake of testing and ANC services.
- SOTENI ABDs presented at 47 barazas reaching over 3,300 people in the Ugenya area of Nynanza Province
- We distributed 56,000 condoms at the health facilities, the barazas and home-visits.
- We hosted 130 support group sessions for people living with HIV, reaching over 2,300 people.
- ABDs made 204 home-visits; speaking to over 800 people including families and couples to provide care and support and deliver important prevention messages.
- The social impact of CHAPP has been exhibited in the following aspects:
- Generation of vibrant and open talks about safe sex, especially at Chief’s barazas where ABDs have demonstrated correct condom use.
- Improved male involvement both at public gatherings and ANC sessions at health facilities.