The Positive Action Programme for MSM & Transgender People is central to ViiV Healthcare’s commitment to communities affected by HIV and AIDS.
Each year, we support and build new partnerships with community-based organisations (CBOs) around the world in settings that are either resource-limited or hostile to the LGBT community.
Our small grants programme is the flagship component of Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People; our other activities are focused on supporting the efforts of CBOs to improve sexual health & wellbeing and advance social & economic justice for MSM and transgender people.
These activities include:
- Our Strategic Grants which inform, strengthen and complement the work of CBOs by focusing on: (i) Evidence Generation; (ii) Capacity Building, and; (iii) Promoting an Inclusive Social & Economic Environment, supporting interventions that are either of a larger scale than our small grants or addressing alternative topics.
- Our Support Grants which support CBOs during periods of acute hostility to the LGBT community
- Other grant making initiatives
- A diverse range of non-financial initiatives including:
- Novel conference activities
- Skills-building workshops
- Forums to engage with other CBOs
- Support for nascent LGBT-led organisations in particularly hostile environments
- Our Associates programme (a dedicated programme of grant managers with a diverse skill set related to HIV from across ViiV Healthcare)
Please note that currently it is only our small grants programme for which we accept applications.