Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People is central to ViiV Healthcare’s commitment to communities affected by HIV and AIDS.
Each year, we support and build new partnerships with community-based organisations (CBOs) around the world in settings that are either resource-limited or hostile to the LGBT community.
Our small grants programme is the flagship component of Positive Action for MSM & Transgender People; our other activities are focused on supporting the efforts of CBOs to improve sexual health & wellbeing and advance social & economic justice for MSM and transgender people.
These activities include:
- Our Strategic Grants which inform, strengthen and complement the work of CBOs by focusing on: (i) Evidence Generation; (ii) Capacity Building, and; (iii) Promoting an Inclusive Social & Economic Environment, supporting interventions that are either of a larger scale than our small grants or addressing alternative topics.
- Our Support Grants which support CBOs during periods of acute hostility to the LGBT community
- Other grant making initiatives
- A diverse range of non-financial initiatives including:
- Novel conference activities
- Skills-building workshops
- Forums to engage with other CBOs
- Support for nascent LGBT-led organisations in particularly hostile environments
- Our Associates programme (a dedicated programme of grant managers with a diverse skill set related to HIV from across ViiV Healthcare)
Please note that currently it is only our small grants programme for which we accept applications.
The photo above is part of ATLAS2018, a multimedia project giving a face and voice to people affected by HIV. It shows three trans women from Cambodia – Larksmy, Pov-Rechna and Tep-Vana. To learn more about ATLAS2018 and the people in this photo, please click here.